compensation: Union Wages employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and qualified Marine Mechanic to fill a position at our Marine Maintenance Facility in Kitimat.
SHORT JOB DESCRIPTION
• Scheduling and executing of preventive maintenance on our fleet of tugs
• Trouble shooting for all equipment
• Maintaining existing vessel systems
• Administration of work completed
• Assist in vessel engine overhauls
• Installing new equipment
• Possess certification as a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic or 4th Class Marine Engineer or higher
• Proven marine diesel mechanic experience
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Valid driver's license with access to vehicle
• Good trouble shooting skills
• Competent computer skills
• Welding and electrical experience an asset
• Design and fabrication skills an asset
• Must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Start date and salary scale: to be determined
REPLY IN CONFIDENCE TO: Fiona Campbell by e-mail.
SAAM SMIT Canada Inc.
2285 Commissioner Street, Vancouver, BC V5L 1A8
Deadline November 30, 2018
Phone calls will not be accepted.
SAAM SMIT Towage Canada has operated along the Pacific coast for almost 80 years. The company has earned an excellent reputation by combining expertise and experience with high-quality materials and equipment in the British Columbia ports where it is active. SAAM SMIT Towage maintains the highest standards in respect of Safety, Health, the protection of the Environment and Quality and to effectively maintain a culture of continuous improvement the company maintains ISO, OHSAS and ISM certification. SAAM SMIT Towage is committed to Employment Equity.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers