We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 6000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Heavy Equipment Mechanic to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
•A healthy workplace culture
•Competitive wages with a RRSP matching programs (after 1 year of employment)
•Flexible working environment and hours
•Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As a Heavy Equipment Mechanic with GFL, you'll be performing preventative maintenance on our fleet. This will include carrying out diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment using modern maintenance practices. This position is based primarily in a maintenance shop atmosphere, however our Mechanics may need to make road calls and perform test drives to adequately service our fleet.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
• Performs maintenance related work as required
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
• Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
• Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
• Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to perform basic repairs